The McDonald’s in Sophia was closed Sunday night after a gas leak was discovered under one of the stoves in the kitchen.

The Raleigh County Emergency Operations Center received the call at 7 p.m. when the restaurant’s employees complained of feeling lightheaded.

The Sophia City and Coal City Fire Departments evacuated the business and established a safe perimeter around it until a representative from Mountaineer Gas could shut off the line.

Employees were then allowed to enter the building and retrieve their belongings before the restaurant was closed for the evening, according to Zach Honaker, a firefighter with the Sophia City Fire Department.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Trending Video