Fayette County Schools announces its sponsorship of the federally funded Summer Food Service Program.

Breakfast and lunch severn days a week meal packs are open to all children ages 18 years and under, who would like to participate. Parents can pick up meals at the following locations.

Meals will be served at the following sites: Fayetteville PK-9, 515 W. Maple Ave. Fayetteville; Oak Hill Middle, 320 Oyler Ave, Oak Hill; Valley PK-9, Box 459, Smithers; Meadow Bridge, 870 Main St., Meadow Bridge; and Midland Trail, 26719 Midland Trail, Hico.

Meals will be provided Thursdays from 10 to 11 a.m. now through August 27. (Seven day meal packs extending meals through Sept. 2).

A nutritions meal is important for children to learn, play and remain active during the summer months — hunger doesn’t take a summer vacation.

For more information about the Summer Food Service program, call Andrew Pense or Tressa Critchley at 304-574-1176 ext. 2136 or 2134.

l l l

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact Virginia Martin at the phone number previously provided.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.

Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, phone 866-632-9992.

Submit completed forms or letters by mail to U.S. Department of Agriculture; Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW; Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or fax to 202-690-7442; or by email to program.intake@usda.gov.

React to this story: