- State News
- Ex-Mingo County prosecutor set for sentencing
Survey: W.Va. home and long-term care costs rise
An annual survey shows long-term and home health care costs in West Virginians are outpacing such costs nationally.
PSC rules against water company
Wet Virginia American ordered to remain in extension projects
- Tomblin signs 200 bills, vetoes 8
- Court says W.Va. jail agency not liable in lawsuit
- Many still wary of water months after spill
- W.Va. agency seeks data on chemical spill patients
Spill company to cease operations
The company that spilled chemicals into 300,000 West Virginians’ water supply could have about $3 million left this summer before it tries to pay back hundreds of creditors.
City council repeals its handgun sales ordinance
Charleston’s City Council has repealed a 1993 ordinance that limited handgun sales in the city.
The move is in response to state legislation that prohibits municipalities from having firearm regulations that are greater than those of the state or federal governments.
19 W.Va. counties seek school construction funds
More than a dozen county school systems are seeking funding from the West Virginia School Building Authority to help pay for construction projects.
- More State News Headlines