- State News
- State to use ‘New View’ for foster care cold cases
W.Va. diocese joins call for expanding Medicaid
The leader of West Virginia’s Roman Catholic community has joined the chorus urging Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin to expand Medicaid to more low-income residents.
Policy change to speed up W.Va. background checks
The West Virginia State Police is making it easier for organizations that serve children, the elderly and disabled individuals to obtain the results of federal background checks of potential employees.
- Judge rules against state on military pension credits
- W.Va. cities monitor home rule legislation
Pro-ownership view rules in gun bills
Variety of firearm legislation supported by Republicans, Democrats
- Judge comments after suspect mistakenly freed from jail
- Mercer County reports 1st rabies case of 2013
Table games are losing bet for Wheeling Island
Poker, roulette and blackjack are becoming losing bets for Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack, which expects to lose about $1 million this year on its table games.
- W.Va. tax revenues fall further behind in February
- More State News Headlines