Shuffle on down to the state tournament this weekend
With the 63rd annual West Virginia state wrestling tournament beginning Thursday, there are a lot of reasons to liken this competition to a poker match.
WVU’s Miles would like to end season in her hometown
MORGANTOWN — If the West Virginia University women’s basketball team reaches the NCAA Final Four this year, it would be a “dream come true” for Sarah Miles.
Woodrow thwarts Riverside at foul line
There’s no mistaking the importance of hitting free throws, especially late in a tight game.
Oak Hill roughed up by PikeView
GARDNER — Class AA No. 2 Oak Hill started its weekend on a high note Friday night, narrowly defeating its nemesis, No. 1 Wyoming East.
- Game ends when player becomes ill PRINCETON — A health emergency brought a sudden and emotionally-wracking end to the girls sectional basketball game on Saturday night at Princeton Senior High School.
- Renegades survive Independence rally Nick Cook was not happy.
- PikeView girls prevail PRINCETON — PikeView High School went two-for-two on the basketball courts of Mercer County Saturday, with a first-round girls sectional romp over Greenbrier West forming a bookend to the boys’ defeat of Class AA No. 2 Oak Hill earlier in the day.
Indy wins region
Brandon Wood doesn’t exactly fit the “Terminator” mode, but opponents know when they have gone up against him.
WVU avoids walking plank
MORGANTOWN — West Virginia needed a flurry of free throws to overcome another late meltdown against Seton Hall.
- Marshall defeats Tulane NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Tyler Wilkerson scored 18 points to lead Marshall to a 58-55 win over Tulane Saturday night.
- More Sports Headlines
- Shuffle on down to the state tournament this weekend With the 63rd annual West Virginia state wrestling tournament beginning Thursday, there are a lot of reasons to liken this competition to a poker match.