By Cody Neff
Firefighters were able to put out a fire in Beckley at a Ridge Avenue house that was all but swallowed by the flames.
A Beckley Fire Department official says they were called out to the scene around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning.
“The fire had gained a significant hold on the house,” Chief Billie Trump said. “As you looked at the house, both sides of the house had flames coming out of it. There was one resident at home who was asleep and the fire woke up him.
“We made an interior attack on the house, but because it had such a head start, there was some significant damage. We were able to get it under control in a couple of hours. We’re doing a cause of origin investigation at this time.”
Trump says no one was hurt during the incident.
“The resident did get out fine,” he said. “Jan-Care did stand by as we fought the fire. We appreciate their help any time they do that. There were no civilian injuries and no firefighter injuries, though.”
— E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org