- Photo Galleries
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Midland Trail Wins in Quarterfinals Midland Trail beat Tucker Co. 64-45 in the quarterfinals of the boys class A state tournament game held at the Charleston Civic Center Thursday night. They advanced to the semifinal game on Friday at 7:15 p.m. and will play number 1 seed St. Marys.
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Wyoming East win big against Pt. Pleasant Wyoming East Warriors won big in the quarter final game of the boys class AA division against Pt. Pleasant 90-53. They advanced and will play again Friday at 9:30 am against Tug Valley.
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Westside Renegades win Class AA title No. 1 Renegades take down No. 2 Scott 49-46 to win school’s first state title Saturday, March 10th at the Charleston Civic Center.
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Greenbrier East State Champs Greenbrier East claimed the 2011- 12 Class AAA girls basketball state championship Saturday with a thrilling 52-47 victory over No. 1 seed Bridgeport at the Charleston Civic Center.
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Wizard of OZ Park Middle School Drama students performed the Wizard of Oz for students at Woodrow Wilson High School auditorium Thursday morning. Two more performances will take place at Woodrow Wilson auditorium March 2 at 9 a.m. and 7:15 March 3. Day performances are $1 a person, and the Saturday night performance will be $5 per adult and $ 3 per child. Another performance will be showcased at Tamarack on St. Patrick's Day, March 17 at 6 p.m. Call 304-256-4586, extension 3134 or 3116, for reservations.
- "PHOTO GALLERY" The 13TH Annual Bridal Prom and Special Occasions Fair Tamarack opened it's doors for future brides during the 13th Annual event
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Winter Wonderland The region was blanketed by wet snow Sunday accumulating up to six inches. 66,000 Appalachian Power customers were without power in the two Virginia's
VIDEO: Downtown Beckley fire
Here's a short video of Monday's fire in downtown Beckley.
- "PHOTO GALLERY:" Fire destroys downtown Beckley buildings Crews from multiple fire departments responded to a massive fire that consumed three buildings on the corner of Neville and South Heber streets, across from the new Raleigh County Judicial Annex in downtown Beckley Monday evening.The buildings, home to three businesses, Blue Roo, Trio Consignment and Kopy Xpress, were destroyed.
- "PHOTO GALLERY" The Beckley Area Derby Dames Block & Roll Beckley's new Women's Roller Derby Team Hit The Hardwood F. BRIAN FERGUSON/THE REGISTER-HERALD