Click here for Our Readers Speak
- Business Marquee
- Balancing Act
Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
Residents of Monroe County are weighing in on recent proposals by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and other lawmakers to utilize the Marcellus shale for economic development.
February 28, 2011
- Renewables part of a diverse energy port
- Natural gas may soften the blow of declining coal prices
- Coal industry leaders welcome natural gas, say both benefit W.Va.
- Coal’s history provides lessons for state, industry to use to ensure gas impact is positive
- Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
- Web Special Sections
Special Web Sections
Click HERE for stories about natural gas and Marcellus shale gas extraction.
Click HERE for stories about the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
Click HERE for stories about the passing of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
Click HERE for stories from The Greenbrier Classic PGA TOUR event.
August 6, 2010
- Special Web Sections
- AP Video
- Raw: Greeks Celebrate Easter With "Rocket War" Police Question Captain, Crew on Ferry Disaster Raw: Orthodox Christians Observe Easter Rite Ceremony Marks 19th Anniversary of OKC Bombing Raw: Four French Journalists Freed From Syria Raw: Massive 7.2 Earthquake Rocks Mexico Captain of Sunken SKorean Ferry Arrested Raw: Fire Destroys 3 N.J. Beachfront Homes Raw: Pope Presides Over Good Friday Mass Raw: Space X Launches to Space Station Superheroes Descend on Capitol Mall Man Charged in Kansas City Highway Shootings Obama Awards Navy Football Trophy Anti-semitic Leaflets Posted in Eastern Ukraine Raw: Magnitude-7.2 Earthquake Shakes Mexico City Ceremony at MIT Remembers One of Boston's Finest Raw: Students Hurt in Colo. School Bus Crash Raw: Church Tries for Record With Chalk Jesus Raw: Faithful Celebrate Good Friday Worldwide Deadly Avalanche Sweeps Slopes of Mount Everest