Click here for Our Readers Speak
- Business Marquee
- Balancing Act
Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
Residents of Monroe County are weighing in on recent proposals by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and other lawmakers to utilize the Marcellus shale for economic development.
February 28, 2011
- Renewables part of a diverse energy port
- Natural gas may soften the blow of declining coal prices
- Coal industry leaders welcome natural gas, say both benefit W.Va.
- Coal’s history provides lessons for state, industry to use to ensure gas impact is positive
- Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
- Web Special Sections
Special Web Sections
Click HERE for stories about natural gas and Marcellus shale gas extraction.
Click HERE for stories about the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
Click HERE for stories about the passing of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
Click HERE for stories from The Greenbrier Classic PGA TOUR event.
August 6, 2010
- Special Web Sections
- AP Video
- Obama Shops at Gap, Pitches Minimum Wage Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Computers Malaysia Flight Changed Course Before Vanishing CIA Director Denies Senate Hacking Allegations Feinstein: CIA Spied on Senate Committee Prosecutors: DC Mayor Knew of 'shadow Campaign' Raw: 'Octomom' Pleads Not Guilty Again Raw: Police Seek Man Who Set Car, Self Ablaze Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Carney: Feinstein, CIA in Regular Talks With WH Friend Gives Details of Pistorius' Gun Use Raw: Bank Robbery Chase Shuts Down Md. Highway Japan Slowly Rebuilding 3 Years After Disaster Health Care Law Gets Test in Florida Election Raw: Former Christie Aide Arrives at NJ Court Raw: Seavey Wins 2nd Iditarod in Bizarre Finish Low-wage Workers Struggle to Join Middle Class Millions Living With Artificial Hips and Knees Skydiver, Pilot Survive Midair Accident