Click here for Columns
- Business Marquee
- Balancing Act
Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
Residents of Monroe County are weighing in on recent proposals by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and other lawmakers to utilize the Marcellus shale for economic development.
February 28, 2011
- Renewables part of a diverse energy port
- Natural gas may soften the blow of declining coal prices
- Coal industry leaders welcome natural gas, say both benefit W.Va.
- Coal’s history provides lessons for state, industry to use to ensure gas impact is positive
- Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
- Web Special Sections
Special Web Sections
Click HERE for stories about natural gas and Marcellus shale gas extraction.
Click HERE for stories about the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
Click HERE for stories about the passing of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
Click HERE for stories from The Greenbrier Classic PGA TOUR event.
August 6, 2010
- Special Web Sections
- AP Video
- Raw: Israel Bombs Multiple Targets in Gaza Veteran Creates Job During High Unemployment Raw: Cargo Craft Undocks From Space Station Widow: Jury Sent Big Tobacco a $23B Message New Orleans Plans to Recycle Cigarette Butts UN Security Council Calls for MH 17 Crash Probe Obama Bestows Medal of Honor on NH Veteran Texas Sending National Guard Troops to Border Hopkins to Pay $190M After Pelvic Exams Taped Foxx Cites Washington 'Circus Mirror' NASA Ceremony Honors Moon Walker Neil Armstrong Obama Voices Concern About Casualties in Mideast Diplomacy Intensifies Amid Mounting Gaza Toll AP Exclusive: American Beaten in Israel Speaks Obama Protects Gay, Transgender Workers Raw: Gaza Rescuers Search Rubble for Survivors Raw: International Team Inspects MH17 Bodies Raw: 25 Family Members Killed in Gaza Airstrike US Teen Beaten in Mideast Talks About Ordeal 'Weird Al' Is Wowed by Album's Success