Click here for Columns
- Business Marquee
- Balancing Act
Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
Residents of Monroe County are weighing in on recent proposals by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and other lawmakers to utilize the Marcellus shale for economic development.
February 28, 2011
- Renewables part of a diverse energy port
- Natural gas may soften the blow of declining coal prices
- Coal industry leaders welcome natural gas, say both benefit W.Va.
- Coal’s history provides lessons for state, industry to use to ensure gas impact is positive
- Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
- Web Special Sections
Special Web Sections
Click HERE for stories about natural gas and Marcellus shale gas extraction.
Click HERE for stories about the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
Click HERE for stories about the passing of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
Click HERE for stories from The Greenbrier Classic PGA TOUR event.
August 6, 2010
- Special Web Sections
- AP Video
- Bon Jovi Helps Open Low-income Housing in Philly Pipeline Opponents Protest on National Mall Hagel Gets Preview of New High-tech Projects S.C. Man Apologizes for Naked Walk in Wal-Mart New Country Music Hall of Fame Inductees Named 'Piles' of Bodies in South Sudan Slaughter New Yorkers Celebrate Cherry Blossom Blooms SCOTUS Hears Tv-over-Internet Case Justice Dept. Broadening Criteria for Clemency Chief Mate: Crew Told to Escape After Passengers 'Miss Meadows' Takes Holmes Back to Her Roots Biden: Russia Must Stop Talking, Start Acting David Moyes Out As Manchester United Manager Raw: Leopard Bites Man in India Iowa College Finds Beauty in Bulldogs High Court to Hear Dispute of TV Over Internet Stowaway Teen Forces Review of Airport Security