Click here for Editorials
- Business Marquee
- Balancing Act
Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
Residents of Monroe County are weighing in on recent proposals by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and other lawmakers to utilize the Marcellus shale for economic development.
February 28, 2011
- Renewables part of a diverse energy port
- Natural gas may soften the blow of declining coal prices
- Coal industry leaders welcome natural gas, say both benefit W.Va.
- Coal’s history provides lessons for state, industry to use to ensure gas impact is positive
- Monroe residents express opinions on Marcellus shale proposal
- Web Special Sections
Special Web Sections
Click HERE for stories about natural gas and Marcellus shale gas extraction.
Click HERE for stories about the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
Click HERE for stories about the passing of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
Click HERE for stories from The Greenbrier Classic PGA TOUR event.
August 6, 2010
- Special Web Sections
- AP Video
- Raw: Japanese Soldiers Storm Beach in Exercises Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA Two Women Narrowly Avoid Being Hit by Train In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast New Sanctions on Key Sectors of Russian Economy Crayola Announces Family Attraction in Orlando US Ready to Slap New Sanctions on Russia Kerry: Not Worried About Israeli Criticism Boater Rescued From Edge of Kentucky Dam Girl Struck by Plane on Florida Beach Dies Rodents Rampant in Gardens Around Louvre House to Vote on Slimmed-down Bill for Border Looming Demand Could Undercut Flight Safety Raw: 2 Shells Hit Fuel Tank at Gaza Power Plant Raw: Massive Explosions From Airstrikes in Gaza Giant Ketchup Bottle Water Tower Up for Sale Easier Nuclear Construction Promises Fall Short Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue