1) Oak Hill (25) – The Red Devils (6-1) responded from their first loss of the season with a homecoming win over Lewis County. They’ll host Bluefield in a big game on Friday.
2) Woodrow Wilson (17) – Continuing to alternate wins and losses, the Flying Eagles (3-4) were shut out on the road at Capital. They’ll host Princeton in a Class AAA clash on Friday.
T3) Princeton (14) – After a run of four straight losses, the Tigers (4-4) have won two straight, including a win over Riverside Friday. They’ll be at Woodrow Wilson this week.
T3) Greenbrier East (14) – The Spartans (4-4) collapsed in the second half and fell on the road at Logan on Friday. They’ll try to clinch a .500 season at Parkersburg South this week.
5) Shady Spring (5) – A third straight loss for the Tigers (1-6) came on homecoming against Wyoming East. Point Pleasant will visit Shady Spring this Friday.
1) Bluefield (25) – A fifth straight win, this one a blowout against Westside, kept the Beavers (6-1) rolling. They’ll face a major test at Oak Hill on Friday.
2) Summers County (19) – The Bobcats (7-1) downed Meadow Bridge in a battle of ranked teams Friday night in Hinton. They’ll be at Mount View on Friday.
T3) Nicholas County (13) – The winning streak for the Grizzlies (6-2) is up to four games after a shutout of Lincoln County. River View will come to Summersville on Friday.
T3) Wyoming East (13) – The Warriors (7-1) were dominant on the ground in a win over Shady Spring. Wyoming East will get a week off before going to Independence next Friday.
5) Liberty (3) – A win over Independence gave the Red Raiders (3-4) a new shot of confidence. They’ll look to get back to .500 at James Monroe on Friday.
1) Greenbrier West (25) – The Cavailers (7-1) had little trouble with Webster County on homecoming. They’ll look for their fifth straight win when they host James River (Va.) on Friday.
2) Valley (20) – With another statement victory over Parkersburg Catholic, the Greyhounds (7-0) kept their perfect season alive. They’ll be at Richwood on Friday.
3) Meadow Bridge (15) – On the road against Class AA power Summers County, the Wildcats (6-2) battled to the end but fell short. They’ll host PikeView on Friday.
4) Fayetteville (8) – The Pirates (2-5) have lost four in a row but hope they’ve improved as a result of a difficult schedule. They’ll host Buffalo on Friday.
5) Midland Trail (2) – The Patriots (3-4) won for the third time in four games, beating Montcalm. They’ll be at Hannan on Friday.
- High School Sports
Diamond Classic continues today
Fayetteville pitcher Kaitlyn Sisler pitched five innings of shutout softball as the Pirates beat Oak Hill 10-0 Wednesday in the Diamond Classic in Fayetteville.
Crusaders make history in loss to James Monroe
The first season for Greater Beckley Christian’s baseball team has been met with growing pains — to say the least.
Polands share life, coaching
Married since 2011, Ashley and Dan Poland share the good times and the bad times that every husband and wife face. Be it an unexpected tax refund or a busted water pipe, they go through it together.
- Local Roundup: Greenbrier East rallies to beat Oak Hill 11-9
Who needs the beach?
The word seems to be getting out about the Spring Break Wood Bat Classic.
Hysell throws no-hitter as Oak Hill beats Nicholas
Chris Hysell hurled a five-inning no-hit shutout Monday to lead Oak Hill past Nicholas County 10-0.
Eagles anxious for challenge in S.C.
Mark Daniel isn’t at all suggesting the pitching his team faced in last year’s state tournament was no good.
- ROUNDUP: Greenbrier East sweeps Warriors, Mavericks
- Throwing down
Class A wins at Scott Brown Classic
The C. Adam Toney Class A All-Stars had something to prove Saturday afternoon at the Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center. While the 10 players who made up the roster may have come from smaller schools, they weren’t small in talent.
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Diamond Classic continues today