1. Woodrow Wilson (24) — The Flying Eagles (5-3) came up with a huge win Friday, knocking off Parkersburg to end a two-game losing skid. They'll head to Riverside on Friday.
2. Oak Hill (21) — The Red Devils (5-2) were shocked Friday when their five-game winning streak came to an end with a lopsided loss at Lewis County. They face another tough test at Bluefield this week.
3. Greenbrier East (13) — The Spartans (2-5) continue to pay the price of playing a difficult schedule. They lost to Hurricane on Friday, and they'll have to play at Huntigton this week.
4. Shady Spring (12) — The Tigers (4-3) continued to dominate Class AA opponents, defeating Wyoming East 36-7 on Friday. They'll get another chance at their first AAA win this week at Point Pleasant.
5. Princeton (5) — The Tigers (1-7) got their first win two weeks ago, but they couldn't follow it up at Spring Valley. They'll face a difficult assignment at Cabell Midland on Friday.
1. Bluefield (25) — The Beavers (6-1) won their sixth straight and scored 54 points in a win over Westside, the sixth straight game where they've scored at least 49. They'll host Oak Hill on Friday.
2. Wyoming East (14) — The Warriors (5-3) fell to Class AAA Shady Spring on Friday, breaking a two-game winning streak. They'll have a week off before hosting Independence next Friday.
3. Summers County (13) — The Bobcats (5-3) have a week off after a dominating win at Meadow Bridge. They will visit Richwood Oct. 26.
4. River View (12) — After a week off, the Raiders (4-3) will try to get back on the winning track Friday against Nicholas County.
5. Westside (7) — The Renegades (4-4) will take the week off before hosting Mount View Oct. 26.
1. Greenbrier West (24) — The Cavaliers (7-1) had no trouble with Webster County. They go to Van Friday.
2. Valley (20) — The Greyhounds (6-1) lost for the first time this season at Parkersburg Catholic. Richwood will travel to Montgomery Friday.
3. Meadow Bridge (16) — The Wildcats (6-2) have a long trip to Mount View this week after the loss to Summers.
4. Midland Trail (10) — The Patriots (4-3) welcome Hannan to Hico Friday.
5. Richwood (5) — The Lumberjacks (3-4) will be looking to derail Valley’s season.
About the poll: Our panel of five voters — Cam Huffman (sports editor), Gary Fauber (assistant sports editor), Dan Stillwell (sports writer), Cody Lewis (sports copy editor) and Rusty Udy (sports clerk) — ranked the top five teams in each class. Teams received five points for a first place vote, four for a second place vote and on down to one. The vote totals are listed in parentheses.