1) Oak Hill (25) — The Red Devils (5-0) overcame a sluggish start to down Shady Spring in a runaway and stay perfect. The biggest test yet could come Friday at Point Pleasant.
2) Woodrow Wilson (19) — The offense went missing in action for the Flying Eagles (2-3) Friday in a shutout loss at Cabell Midland. Parkersburg will visit Van Meter Stadium on Friday.
3) Greenbrier East (13) — After a 3-1 start, the Spartans (3-3) have dropped back-to-back games, giving up 113 points in the process. They'll welcome Lincoln County for homecoming Friday.
4) Princeton (13) — Following a promising 2-0 start, the Tigers (2-4) have dropped four in a row, including the last two at home. They'll be at St. Albans on Friday in major need of a win.
5) Shady Spring (5) — The Tigers (1-5) are showing signs of improvement, but the schedule hasn't been easy. They'll get a bye this week before welcoming Wyoming East to town next Friday.
1) Bluefield (24) — Three straight wins have the Beavers (4-1) playing with plenty of momentum. They're coming off a win over Richlands (Va.) and will travel to River View on Friday.
2) Summers County (20) — The Bobcats (5-1) lost for the first time all year Friday, allowing Covington (Va.) to come from behind and secure a 23-16 win. They'll host Independence on Friday.
3) Nicholas County (16) — Following the same trend as last year, the Grizzlies (4-2) seem to be putting it all together at the right time. They've won four of their last five and will be at Webster County Friday.
4) Wyoming East (10) — The Warriors (5-1) scored 14 fourth-quarter points to come from behind and beat River View 14-12. This week they'll host PikeView on Friday night.
5) River View (5) — The Raiders (3-2) are three points away from being 4-1 with the only loss on the road against a quality Man team. They'll have a big test this week when they host Bluefield.