From Staff Reports
1. Woodrow Wilson (25) — The Flying Eagles (6-3) likely locked up a playoff berth with a win at Riverside. But they could earn a home game by beating Capital Friday.
2. Oak Hill (20) — The Red Devils (5-3) took our top Class AA team, Bluefield to the wire on Friday but fell a point short. They'll work on their playoff positioning at PikeView Friday.
3. Greenbrier East (15) — The Spartans (2-6) gave Huntington, one of the top teams in AAA, a bigger test than expected Friday, They'll be at Princeton this week.
4. Shady Spring (10) — The Tigers (4-4) played their fourth Class AAA game on Friday, and they still have yet to beat a team within their class. Up next is Class AA Liberty on Friday.
5. Princeton (5) — The Tigers (1-8) fell short at Class AAA power Cabell Midland Friday. They'll end a frustrating season this week when they host Greenbrier East.
1. Bluefield (25) — The Beavers (7-1) used a final-second field goal to win 51-50 in a shootout with Oak Hill Friday. They've won seven straight and will be at James Monroe this week.
2. Nicholas County (17) — The Grizzles (5-3) won their second straight Friday, beating River View in an important battle for playoff positioning. They'll host Mingo Central this week.
3. Summers County (15) — The Bobcats (5-3) were off this week after back-to-back wins. They'll host Richwood this week trying to move closer to clinching a playoff spot.
4. Westside (8) —The Renegades (4-4) were off this week, hoping to prepare for a big stretch run. They'll need to win Friday at Mount View and then at River View to have a shot at the postseason.
5. Wyoming East (6) — The Warriors (5-3) were also off on Friday. They host Independence this week and then finish at Liberty, needing victories to earn a playoff spot.
1. Greenbrier West (25) — The Cavaliers (8-1) have been at the top of our list all season, and they did nothing to change that Friday, winning at Van. They visit Fayetteville to end the regular season this week.
2. Valley (20) — The Greyhounds (7-1) got back on track after their first loss of 2012, beating Richwood on Friday. They'll host Midland Trail in an important game this week.
3. Meadow Bridge (15) — The Wildcats (7-2) had lost two of three before beating Mount View on Friday. They'll finish the regular season at Sherman this week.
4. Midland Trail (10) — The Patriots (5-3) took another step toward a return to the playoffs by beating Hannan for their fourth win in five games. They'll be at Valley on Friday.
5. Montcalm (3) — The Generals (4-5) moved back onto our list by breaking a three-game skid with a win over Tygarts Valley. They'll host Hannan Friday, trying to finish off a .500 season.
About the poll: Our panel of five voters — Cam Huffman (sports editor), Gary Fauber (assistant sports editor), Dan Stillwell (sports writer), Cody Lewis (sports copy editor) and Rusty Udy (sports clerk) — ranked the top five teams in each class. Teams received five points for a first place vote, four for a second place vote and on down to one. The vote totals are listed in parentheses.