The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia

February 3, 2013

Volunteer firefighter’s house a total loss

By Sarah Plummer
Register-Herald Reporter

HELEN — A Rhodell volunteer firefighter was injured after his home caught fire early Saturday morning, reported Rhodell Fire Department assistant chief Patricia Cox.

The Raleigh County 911 Center confirmed the fire began in a home on Hazen Street in Helen around 5 a.m. Saturday.

Cox said the firefighter who lived at the residence inhaled a lot of smoke and was transported to Raleigh General Hospital by Best EMS Service.

His home is a total loss, she said.

Rhodell, Sophia Area, Sophia City and Coal City fire departments responded to the scene.