A man was trapped inside his truck after reportedly driving off a cliff near Wendy’s in Fayetteville just after 5 p.m. Wednesday, according to Fayetteville Fire Department.
Capt. Dennis Milam said the Ford F-150 fell approximately 30 feet and rescue crews had to use the Jaws of Life to remove doors on both sides of the vehicle to get the driver out safely.
Milam said the driver sustained several broken bones but was responsive while rescue crews removed him from his vehicle.
General Ambulance, Jan-Care Ambulance, Fayetteville Fire Department and Fayetteville Police Department responded.
- Local News
Doctors, patient express importance of RGH cardiac unit
Dorothy Wright-Reynolds will remember Nov. 13, 2009, for the rest of her life.
It was the day that due to the quick response of many people and the availability of cardiac stent service at Raleigh General Hospital, she survived.
Rainelle has big weekend planned for veterans
A big weekend for military veterans is planned for Rainelle, as the ninth annual West Virginia Veterans’ Reunion begins Thursday, just as an expected 400 Run for the Wall motorcycles arrive in town.
- Chair-ity Auction raises $19,000
- New River College increases tuition
- Pastor’s latest book receives accolade
- Fayette looking to improve disaster plans
- ATV accident sends one man to the hospital
- Eccles man charged after stabbing
- Concord graduates 138th class Saturday
- Calendar — Sunday, May 19, 2013
- More Local News Headlines
- Doctors, patient express importance of RGH cardiac unit