Sandstone Volunteer Fire Department responded to a tractor-trailer fire on I-64 Wednesday at approximately 8:30 a.m., according to Summers County Emergency Operations Center.
Fire Chief Tom Scott said the incident happened at mile marker 146.5 near Lawn Mountain.
The trailer, hauling a lactose laxative, was unharmed, but the cab of the tractor-trailer was completely destroyed, Scott said.
No injuries were reported and firefighters cleared the scene at 11:44 a.m.
- Local News
- Local HSTA expo spreads awareness
- Suspect identified in Beckley shooting case; reward offered
- Calendar — Sunday, December 8, 2013
- Banks hosting HospiceCare fundraiser
- L&S Toyota gets into the giving spirit for Christmas
- Parade rescheduled
- Calendar — Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013
Wyoming pill dealer sentenced
A 55-year-old Wyoming County pill dealer who had hundreds of thousands in cash, illegal prescription pain pills and two firearms hidden at his residences was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in federal prison.
New river Youth Symphony to present holiday concert
The New River Youth Symphony and Chorus will present a holiday concert at Historic Fayette Theater in downtown Fayetteville Dec. 14 at 7 p.m.
Women’s center is operating again
The Women’s Business and Training Center in Beckley is operating again, as a program offered by the Business Resource and Information Center (BRIC) of Beckley.
- More Local News Headlines