Alderson Fire Department confirmed that a Monroe County home is a total loss after a fire started in the kitchen Thursday night.
Lt. Matt Butler said Alderson, Clintonville and Tri-County fire departments responded to the call at 11:15 p.m.
When crews arrived, the fire was widespread in the attic with heavy smoke.
Butler said there were no injuries or entrapment, but the home was a total loss.
He said the fire was probably electrical and most likely started in the kitchen area above the attic.
Crews cleared the scene after three hours and Butler said the residents are staying with relatives.