By Sarah Plummer
SHADY SPRING —
According to Raleigh County Schools officials, concern regarding the smell of gas Monday at Shady Spring High School was heightened after students texted their parents about a possible propane leak.
David Price, assistant superintendent of Raleigh County Schools, said Shady Principal Danny Moye contacted the central office about a gas smell.
Without much ado, Shady staff discovered a student from an automotive class had gas on his clothing.
No official alert was sent by the school system; however, students texting home about the concern caused a false alarm for parents, said Price.