- Ansted — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m., for children 12-and-under
- Fayetteville — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Gauley Bridge — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Meadow Bridge — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Montgomery — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Mount Hope — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Oak Hill — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m., for children 12-and-under.
- Pax — Saturday, Oct. 31, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Smithers — Time not available
- Thurmond — Time not available
- Alderson — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Falling Spring/Renick — Time not available
- Lewisburg — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m. Those who give out candy are required to leave porch lights on.
- Quinwood — Time not available
- Rainelle — Time not available
- White Sulphur Springs — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Ronceverte — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Rupert — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m., for children 12-and-under.
- Peterstown — Time not available
- Union — Time not available
- Beckley — Saturday, Oct. 31, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Uptown Beckley Tailgate Halloween: Saturday, Oct. 31, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lester — Saturday, Oct. 31, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Mabscott — Saturday, Oct. 31, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Rhodell — Time not available
- Sophia — Saturday, Oct. 31, 5-7 p.m.
- Tailgate Halloween at the bingo hall on Main Street, Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m. There will be costume judging.
- Hinton — Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Mullens areas: Saturday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m.
- Oceana areas: Saturday, Oct. 31, 5-7 p.m.
- Pineville areas: Saturday, Oct. 31, 5-7 p.m.
- Local News
Video: Students dance as Rosedale school awarded $25,000
Students at Rosedale Elementary danced in celebration Wednesday morning after learning the school won $25,000 as part of the 2013 U.S. Cellular’s Calling All Communities campaign.
Only 20 schools in the nation were chosen as U.S. Cellular’s 2013 champions, and Rosedale squeaked into the top 20 to fill the No. 19 spot.
SLIDESHOW — 27th annual YMCA of Southern West Virginia Spirit of Beckley
The 27th annual YMCA of Southern West Virginia Spirit of Beckley was celebrated Monday evening at the Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center as the grapevine of lives touched by Jerry and Sherry Rose gathered in the hundreds to honor two community leaders and their achievement more than 50 years in the making.
Attendance up at Raleigh County Schools
Countywide educational goals, school attendance and technology were among items Raleigh County Schools Superintendent Jim Brown and Raleigh board of education members tackled at their regular meeting Tuesday evening, but they weren’t above addressing sports rumors.
Beckley council sets process to select interim mayor
Members of Beckley’s Common Council took the time Tuesday to outline how the council will elect a new mayor to fill the rest of Mayor Emmett Pugh’s term at their regular Common Council meeting.
Still time to help make Mac’s party a hit
Mac’s Toy Fund is continuing preparations for its 83rd annual toy distribution event.
Temperatures drop as clouds clear
Temperatures in the region are expected to plunge as clouds connected with recent periods of snow, sleet and freezing rain dissipate.
United Way and agencies meet to discuss the future
Moving ahead and meeting human needs were agenda items Tuesday when officials with two United Way agencies met with leaders of local human service agencies to talk about what happens after the dissolution of the United Way of the Virginias.
Local foods initiatives could mean new businesses for state
Small family farms could mean economic development expansion for the state, and bringing farmers to the table to talk about the business of agriculture is one step in turning an old vocation into a new economic engine.
Calendar — Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Many W.Va. students don’t earn degrees in 6 years
Many in-state students at West Virginia’s public higher education institutions don’t earn a degree after six years, an annual graduation report shows.
- More Local News Headlines
- Video: Students dance as Rosedale school awarded $25,000