A 23-year-old man is charged with murder after a fatal shooting at the corner of Mahan Street and Highlawn Avenue in Oak Hill Thursday around 3:30 p.m., according to Oak Hill Police.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found a victim, who had suffered a gunshot wound. The victim was transported to Plateau Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have yet to release the victim’s name.
Terreque Alj Gray, 23, of Oak Hill, has been charged with murder and is being held at Southern Regional Jail pending arraignment with a circuit court judge.
The Oak Hill Police Department, West Virginia State Police and Fayette County Sheriff’s Department are handling the investigation.
- Local News
Firefighters save house, neighbor saves dog during fire Sunday in Crab Orchard
Firefighters acted quickly to save a Crab Orchard family’s home Sunday, and the family’s dog was rescued by a neighbor.
- Suit filed against Kentucky Fuel Corp.
- State Police grads come to Troop Six
- Vera Bradley Designs suing Beckley business
- Bond revoked for 2 suspects in drug case
- 2 taken to hospital with minor injuries after wreck
- Calendar — Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Ex-federal corrections officer sentenced
Empty Bowls Project to help fill food pantries
The women of Quota International of Beckley have been working ardently since the fall to raise awareness of the world’s hunger issue, and their efforts will soon pay off at the inaugural “Empty Bowls Project” Soup Dinner slated for March 22.
‘Two angels never forgotten’
On Sunday night, the Deliverance Temple church was the center of the universe in terms of prayers for a family and a community that are still in mourning over the loss of two young souls — Madison, 4, and her 19-month-old sister, Daralynn — who died Wednesday in a three-vehicle wreck on U.S. Route 52 in front of the church.
- More Local News Headlines
- Firefighters save house, neighbor saves dog during fire Sunday in Crab Orchard