By Wendy Holdren
Hinton Fire Department responded to structure fire Wednesday at approximately 1:30 a.m. at a single family dwelling in the 400 block of 17th Avenue.
Fire Chief Ray Pivot said the fire started in the rear of the home, close to the bathroom. He said arson is not expected; he said the owner may have possibly had candles burning which accidentally caused the fire.
The homeowner was present when the fire started, but no injuries were reported.
Although the home did not burn to the ground, Pivont said the home is uninhabitable.
Summers County Fire Department also assisted and fire crews cleared the scene just after 4 a.m.