A Jesse man was arrested by State Police Friday in connection with a failed Feb. 11 attempt to enter the State Police detachment in Jesse.
Bailey Fritz III, 42, was arrested by Trooper D.G. Pierson Friday, according to First Sgt. Michael Baylous.
Fritz was charged with attempted breaking and entering, destruction of property and possession of marijuana.
The breaking and entering and the destruction of property charges related to his unsuccessful attempt to unlawfully gain entry into the Jesse Detachment, according to Baylous.
Fritz was arraigned in Wyoming County Magistrate Court and lodged in the Southern Regional Jail.
- Local News
Wendy Perrone with Three Rivers Avian Center keeps a close watch on a injured, male bald eagle that was in his nest on Brooks Island Monday morning.
Monroe County firefighters ask for voters’ support
Faced with rising costs and dwindling responses to the usual fundraising appeals, Monroe County’s four volunteer fire departments have banded together to put the funding issue in front of voters.
Firefighters save house, neighbor saves dog during fire Sunday in Crab Orchard
Firefighters acted quickly to save a Crab Orchard family’s home Sunday, and the family’s dog was rescued by a neighbor.
- Suit filed against Kentucky Fuel Corp.
- State Police grads come to Troop Six
- Vera Bradley Designs suing Beckley business
- Bond revoked for 2 suspects in drug case
- 2 taken to hospital with minor injuries after wreck
- Calendar — Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Ex-federal corrections officer sentenced
- More Local News Headlines
- Eagle’s eye