By Wendy Holdren
Students and parents — don’t miss the chance to talk to financial aid experts and receive assistance applying for federal aid at College Goal Sunday.
The event will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at several sites around West Virginia.
Financial aid experts will be on-site to answer questions and assist students with filing their 2013-2014 federal students’ aid application (FAFSA).
Don’t forget to bring the following: Social Security numbers, 2012 federal tax return, W-2, other income record and a valid ID.
Every family who completes a Student/Family Survey during College Goal Sunday will be entered for a chance to win an iPad.
In addition to financial aid information, Volunteer Tax Assistance (VITA) will be on-site to provide information and assistance regarding tax preparation.
The following regional locations will host College Goal Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.:
- Bluefield State College — W. Paul Coal School of Business/Manhood Hall, Bluefield
- Concord University — Rahall Technology Center Room 130, Athens
- Erma Byrd Higher Education Center — Library, Beaver
- New River Community and Technical College’s Greenbrier Campus — Greenbrier Hall, Lewisburg
- WVU Institute of Technology, Engineering Building — E. Lab, Montgomery
To register or get more information about College Goal Sunday, including a complete list of what to bring, visit www.cfwv.com.
College Goal Sunday in West Virginia is coordinated by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, the West Virginia TRiO Association, and the West Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and funded by a grant from the Lumina Foundation.
— E-mail: email@example.com