Two families are displaced after separate early morning fires ravaged homes in Beckley and Ghent Monday.
Beckley Fire Department Capt. Johnny Mann said at least one man, woman and two children were at home on Beckley Avenue when their house caught fire around 1:40 a.m. Monday.
Mann said the family had escaped by the time firefighters arrived and no injuries were reported; however, the home is a total loss.
The Raleigh County Emergency Operations Center said firefighters responded to a mobile home fire around 6:30 a.m. on Sam Hale Road in Ghent.
Ghent Fire Department responded to the scene and was assisted by Beaver and Coal City fire departments.
The trailer was a total loss.
- Local News
Doctors, patient express importance of RGH cardiac unit
Dorothy Wright-Reynolds will remember Nov. 13, 2009, for the rest of her life.
It was the day that due to the quick response of many people and the availability of cardiac stent service at Raleigh General Hospital, she survived.
Rainelle has big weekend planned for veterans
A big weekend for military veterans is planned for Rainelle, as the ninth annual West Virginia Veterans’ Reunion begins Thursday, just as an expected 400 Run for the Wall motorcycles arrive in town.
- Chair-ity Auction raises $19,000
- New River College increases tuition
- Pastor’s latest book receives accolade
- Fayette looking to improve disaster plans
- ATV accident sends one man to the hospital
- Eccles man charged after stabbing
- Concord graduates 138th class Saturday
- Calendar — Sunday, May 19, 2013
- More Local News Headlines
- Doctors, patient express importance of RGH cardiac unit