Wyoming County Toy Fund organizers meet from 6 until 8 p.m. each Monday in the former Pineville Junior High building, on the third floor, to organize and clean donated toys to be distributed to under-privileged children in the county.
Volunteers, including students who need community service hours, civic organizations, churches, clubs and others are encouraged to participate, according to officials.
This year’s distribution party is scheduled for Dec. 16 at Wyoming County East High School. Party preparation day is Dec. 15, also at the high school.
More than 2,000 children will be invited, through the Wyoming County Department of Health and Human Resources, to participate in the annual Toy Fund distribution party at Wyoming County East High School.
Usually between 1,200 and 1,500 of those invited will actually come to the party to pick up toys, according to treasurer Dale Stewart.
Organizers are also asking that as people do their fall cleaning they contribute any good used toys to the Toy Fund.
Call Stewart at 304-732-8030 to donate toys any time of the year.
“We have volunteers who will come in, clean and organize those donations,” Stewart emphasized.
Toy Fund officials have also installed a security system to keep thieves away, and police patrols will be increased in the area as well. Officers re-elected include Todd Houck, president; Joe Bullington, vice president; Charlie Feller, secretary; Stewart, treasurer.
This year, the fundraising goal is $25,000.
Cash contributions may also be made at any branch of First Peoples Bank, First Century Bank, or First Community Bank, or contributions may be mailed to L. Dale Stewart, Treasurer; P.O. Box 268; Matheny, WV 24860. Contributions will be listed in the Wyoming County Report.
The Wyoming County Toy Fund is a registered nonprofit corporation. Donations may be tax-deductible.
- Local News
- Book event part of author's quest to honor brother
- Beckley's mayoral candidates to speak Tuesday at Tamarack
- Mac's a great way to introduce kids to helping others
- Greenbrier Valley Chorale concert delayed by storm
- Just Christians to host Hinton walk
- Calendar — Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
- Local HSTA expo spreads awareness
- Suspect identified in Beckley shooting case; reward offered
- Calendar — Sunday, December 8, 2013
- Banks hosting HospiceCare fundraiser
- More Local News Headlines