1) Greenbrier West (25) — After the first loss of the season at Summers County two weeks ago, the Cavaliers (5-1) responded with a lopsided win at PikeView. They'll host Pocahontas County on Friday.
2) Valley (20) — A win against Meadow Bridge in a battle of Fayette County undefeateds allowed the Greyhounds (5-0) to stay unbeaten. They'll be at Tug Valley on Friday.
3) Meadow Bridge (15) — The Wildcats (5-1) lost for the first time, falling a touchdown short against Valley. Larry McClintic's team will welcome Mount View to town on Friday with a chance to get back on track.
4) Fayetteville (9) — The Pirates (2-4) dropped their third straight on Friday, falling to Man at home. All three losses have been close, though, and they'll look for better results Friday at home against Moorefield.
5) Midland Trail (6) — Coming off a two-game winning streak before a bye last Friday, the Patriots (2-3) are showing some major improvement. They'll host Clay County on Friday.
About the poll: Our panel of five voters — Cam Huffman (sports editor), Gary Fauber (assistant sports editor), Dan Stillwell (sports writer), J. Daniel Rollins (sports writer) and Rusty Udy (sports clerk) — ranked the top five area teams in each class based on their performances over the first six weeks and their potential the rest of the way. Teams received five points for a first-place vote, four for a second-place vote and on down to one for a fifth-place vote. The vote totals are listed in parentheses.