Bluefield Daily Telegraph
A case involving an alleged sexual assault on the Concord University campus has been referred to the county prosecutor’s office.
The incident was reported April 29 by a female student who said she had been sexually assaulted the evening of April 28 at a campus parking lot. An alert was sent to students and faculty on the university’s emergency alert system that same day. The Concord University Police Department and the Athens Police Department were investigating. The suspect was described as a white male who was approximately six feet tall.
Chief Mark Stella of the Concord University Police issued a statement this morning.
“The Concord University Police Department has reached a point in the investigation and concluded that the sexual assault did not occur on university property. The case has been referred to the Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for further review,” Stella said.
Stella declined to comment about the exact location of the alleged incident other than to say it was not on university property.