The United Way of Southern West Virginia is accepting registration for the Fall 2013 Denim for a Difference campaign.
During the week of Oct. 21, businesses, schools and other organizations that registered with the United Way will let their employees wear jeans to work.
For a $5 donation, you get one day of denim wear; $10 gets you a three-day pass; and for $15, you can wear jeans to work all week.
Those dollars find their way to the United Way’s coffers to help it meet the $525,000 campaign goal to fund its 34 nonprofit community organizations supported by the United Way in Raleigh, Fayette, Summers, Nicholas and Wyoming counties.
To register, contact chairwoman Teresa Kelly at the United Way office at 304-253-2111 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most recent registrations are from:
- New River Community and Technical College
- Bank of Mount Hope – Beckley Branch
- Raleigh County Magistrate Clerk’s Office
- Beckley Loan Co.
- Visit Southern West Virginia
- Cranberry Prosperity Elementary
- West Virginia Tourist Information Center
- CVS – Beaver
- First Century Bank – Oceana Branch
- Beckley Water Co.
- Jim Lively Insurance – Beckley Office
- Fairdale Elementary
- First People’s Bank – MacArthur