The popular Celebrity Night fundraiser that benefits the United Way of Southern West Virginia and the Women’s Resource Center rolls around again May 6.
The special event has grown from just four restaurants at its inception to 10 this year. Under the format, “celebrities” from area businesses serve their friends and relatives to earn tips, which in turn help the two sponsoring agencies.
Celebrity Night founders were Judy Harrah, Carlatta Smith, Debbie Short and Susan Landis.
Participating restaurants and their partners are:
- Applebee’s, 59 News, Jim Lively Insurance and Crossroads Chevrolet
- Bunker’s Sports Bar at The Resort at Glade Springs, First Community Bank and Boy Scouts of America
- Calacino’s, BJW and Spartan Sporting Goods
- El Mariachi — Beaver, Chase Bank and Beckley Newspapers
- Foster’s, City National Bank and Groovy 94.1
- Boston Beanery, Crossroads Mall, New River Community and Technical College, United Bank, 103CIR and WOAY-TV
- Pasquale’s, Raleigh General Hospital
- Texas Steakhouse, BB&T
- McBee’s and The Raleigh Playhouse, WVVA-TV, My 105.9 and Ramey Automotive
- The Dish Café, Shear Style
As part of the Celebrity Night anniversary experience, the United Way will be selling chances on a ladies 1-carat diamond cluster ring valued at $1,675. Chances are one for $5, or five chances for $20.
For more information, contact the United Way at 304-253-2111 or the Women’s Resource Center at 304-255-4066.