- BREAKING NEWS
At least 6 confirmed dead in Texas tornadoes
A rash of tornados slammed into several small communities in North Texas overnight, leaving at least six people dead, dozens more injured and hundreds homeless. The violent spring storm scattered bodies, flattened homes, threw trailers onto cars.
- State BOE votes to return control of McDowell County schools to local board
FedEx tractor trailer and passenger car collide on I-77
A collision between a FedEx tractor trailer and a passenger car on I-77 Thursday around 2 p.m. sent three people to the hospital and caused traffic delays for hours on the northbound lanes of the interstate, as well as other connector roads in and around Beckley.
- Hazmat crews called out to crash of tractor-trailer and car
- Manchin confident enhanced background check legislation will pass
Gov: W.Va. to expand Medicaid, cover 92,000 uninsured
West Virginia will expand Medicaid under the federal health care overhaul through a plan announced Thursday by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, which would extend coverage to an estimated 91,500 uninsured low-income residents.
- Federal Judge gives former BPD evidence room tech four years probation
- Concord president headed for similar post in Georgia
- Beckley Police bust meth lab at Edwards Street residence
- Beckley man jailed in Randolph County after kidnapping, then threatening to shoot, eat three people
- More BREAKING NEWS Headlines
- At least 6 confirmed dead in Texas tornadoes