MOORE, Okla. — CNHI member newspaper The Norman Transcript has published a variety of ways that you can help those affected by the recent disaster in Oklahoma.
* The Oklahoma Red Cross can accept donations by texting REDCROSS to 90999 which will make a $10 donation. Red Cross officials said they will use the money to purchase supplies to assist storm victims and first responders.
*Journey Church, near Tecumseh Road and I-35, is accepting donations of personal items, clothing and items for the shelter which opened there Monday night.
*The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is asking for monetary donations to help relief efforts. Text FOOD to 32333 to make a $10 donation or go to www.regionalfoodbank.org.
* Oklahoma Baptist relief teams are assisting with relief and recovery efforts. Donations can be made by visiting www.bgco.org/donate or by calling 042-3800.
* Goodrich Memorial United Methodist Church, 200 W. Hayes, is collecting bottled water, daby diapers,baby formulas, baby and junior foods, trash bags, cleaning supplies — buckets, cleaning solutions, rags, brooms, mops, juices, snack foods and other foods not requiring cooking, clothing, paper products and toiletries.
* Tulsa Community Foundation, the nation’s largest community foundation, has established the Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund for those who are interested in supporting our friends in the areas devastated by the tornadoes of the past two days. Funds raised will be focused on the mid- and long-term community redevelopment efforts to rebuild lives and homes in the devastated areas. This fund already has a head start toward success with a lead gift of $100,000 from George Kaiser Family Foundation.
* Contributions to the Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund can be made securely online at www.TulsaCF.org. On the homepage, click the main banner to donate now. Donations can also be mailed to TCF offices at 7030 S. Yale, Suite 600, Tulsa, OK, 74136. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
For more Oklahoma disaster updates, visit www.normantranscript.com