- Latest News
- One is silver and the other gold
Abortion limits bill passes both Senate and House
A bill to prohibit abortions later than 20 weeks after conception passed the West Virginia House late Saturday and will be sent to the governor to sign into law.Continued ...
Greenbrier swimming pool making waves again
More controversy has bubbled to the surface in the ongoing dispute over ownership of $1 million in Greenbrier County bed tax funds given to New River Community and Technical College for renovation of a swimming pool.Continued ...
The singing cat is in a hat
Audiences are invited to immerse themselves in the magical world of children’s author Dr. Seuss this month as Greenbrier Valley Theatre, in association with Greenbrier County Schools, presents “Seussical Jr.”Continued ...
Chuck Lucas wins Beckley community service award
From his church involvement, civic engagement and unselfish willingness to extend a neighborly hand, revered Beckley community member Chuck Lucas has touched the lives of many throughout his lifetime with his generosity and goodwill. In recognition of his ongoing community commitment, Lucas has been selected as the 25th recipient of the Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce Community Service Award.Continued ...
- Local News
One man is arrested after a brief police chase
A Beckley man was arrested Saturday after he failed to yield to Beckley Police Patrolman Neal Smith’s attempt to pull the vehicle over for a routine traffic stop, police said.Continued ...
- NPS ready to welcome volunteers
- The Greenbrier would get tax breaks under Senate bill
- Bill proposing veterans nursing home in Beckley passes House
- One man is arrested after a brief police chase
- Latest Sports
Mountaineers dust Kansas
Without matching a single number on his Powerball ticket, West Virginia head coach Bob Huggins got $25,000 richer in an instant Saturday.Continued ...
- Greater Beckley Christian takes sectional title
- WVU beats TCU, moves on in Big 12
- Beckley native has Charleston riding high
- Annual Rocky Mountain Elk banquet moved to March
- Mountaineers dust Kansas
- Inside Sports
Meals on Wheels program brings nutrition to seniors
- Hidden hunger
- Sunday Profile
Accountability helps Fayetteville man change his lifestyle, improve his health
In his late 40s, Randy Housh’s energy slowly dropped. He just felt tired a lot. His feet sometimes went numb. It had been coming on for a while. “I just felt blah most of the time,” he recalls.
- Accountability helps Fayetteville man change his lifestyle, improve his health
- CNHI Specials
Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' debut: Social media reacts
Jimmy Fallon kicked off a new era on "The Tonight Show" Monday night and garnered mostly positive reviews. Here's a sampling of reaction on social media.
- Augusta National removes 'Eisenhower Tree' after ice storm
- Will smart guns transform the gun industry?
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' debut: Social media reacts