- Latest News
Tractor-trailer fire engulfs East River Tunnel in cloud of black smoke
East River Mountain Tunnel near Bluefield was engulfed in a cloud of black smoke Friday as a result of a tractor-trailer fire inside the tunnel.Continued ...
Sen.Manchin, brother sued by another brother for $1.7 million
A $1.7 million civil lawsuit has been filed by John Manchin II against his brothers, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin III and Roch (Rock) Manchin.
The suit involves funds that John Manchin claims he gave to his brothers in the late 1980s so that their carpet business could avoid bankruptcy.Continued ...
One Hatfield, two actors
If you shake hands with the cast and crew at Theatre West Virginia after the show, don’t worry if you think you’re seeing double.Continued ...
Jacob and James Cline, 12-year-old twins, are a part of the team this year, assisting with props and portraying Little Troy Hatfield.
Construction begins on Meadow River Rail Trail
Construction has finally begun on the Meadow River Rail Trail, a recreation project undertaken in a unique partnership between Greenbrier and Fayette counties.Continued ...
- Tractor-trailer fire engulfs East River Tunnel in cloud of black smoke
Saints coach puts himself through drills
All the regulars were on the practice field Thursday afternoon at the New Orleans Saints new Greenbrier practice facility, going through conditioning tests prior to the start of three weeks of practices in West Virginia this morning.Continued ...
- Fans supporting Saints’ trip to West Virginia
- The Greenbrier impresses Payton, Loomis
- Saints coach puts himself through drills
- Local News
Jury trial set in Bob Graham case
Robert E. “Bob” Graham, the former executive director of the Wyoming County Council on Aging and All-Care Home and Community Services Inc., will be back in U.S. District Court in Bluefield this October for a trial to recover consequential damages for aggravation and inconvenience from National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa., the insurance company that provided him coverage when he served as director of the two agencies.Continued ...
- Calendar — Friday, July 25, 2014
- Kids drama camp dips into the acting bug
- Jury trial set in Bob Graham case
Two waive hearings in Wyoming court
Keith Tex Hatfield, 25, of War and Pineville, appeared in Wyoming County Magistrate Court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing on felony charges of escape, attempted robbery, grand larceny and transfer of stolen property, according to Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Sante Boninsegna Jr.Continued ...
- Three arrested after hit-and-run, foot pursuit
- Cyclist injured in accident
- Two waive hearings in Wyoming court
- Latest Sports
The Greenbrier impresses Payton, Loomis
When a deal was finalized on March 13 to bring the New Orleans Saints to The Greenbrier for three weeks of summer camp, Saints officials never doubted that the facility would be ready a little more than four months later for the first practice. INCLUDES VIDEO.
- Former Mountain Lions playing well at Open
- Evans leads the field on rainy day at W.Va. Open
- Replacing Sims a challenge for WVU
- WVU rifle coach competing in native Scotland
- The Greenbrier impresses Payton, Loomis
- Inside Sports
DHHR program weans folks away from the ER
- Primary care
Crossfit Nation: Working out the WOD way
Just as fashion trends come and go, so do fitness fads, and Cyndie Chinn had tried them all.
- Crossfit Nation: Working out the WOD way
Remodeled McDonald’s in Beaver now operational with new design
The rebuilt McDonald’s at 200 Airport Road in Beaver reopened at midnight Wednesday.
- Remodeled McDonald’s in Beaver now operational with new design
- Sunday Profile
Motion Theatre takes the stage at Vans Warped Tour
Local rock band Motion Theatre performed Tuesday at its biggest venue yet — the Burgettstown, Pa. stop of the Vans Warped Tour.
- Motion Theatre takes the stage at Vans Warped Tour
- Web Extra
VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
A truck driver from Washington is fortunate to be alive after driving his semi onto a set of tracks near Somerset, Ky., and being struck by a locomotive, which ignited his load of charcoal lighter fluid.Continued ...
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid