- Latest News
Wreck sends diesel fuel into Greenbrier River
After a tanker crashed and dumped some of its diesel payload into the Greenbrier River in Pocahontas County Tuesday, officials said there is no need to be worried that the diesel fuel will affect Greenbrier County’s water supplies.Continued ...
Raleigh Commission: Davis to finish term for Reed
Raleigh County Commissioners appointed Democrat Steve Davis to fill the unexpired term of Pat Reed, who resigned her post earlier this year to take a job with the West Virginia Insurance Commission.Continued ...
Affordable Care 101: DHHR initiative teaches patients the need to seek primary care first
Pap smears, prostate exams, blood pressure readings and other life-saving screenings are preventative tools to be received in the primary care office setting, before silent killers escalate to all-out health emergencies.Continued ...
Linda Polly appointed to replace Susman on Raleigh school board
Linda Polly has been appointed to the Raleigh County Board of Education to fill the position left by Sally Susman, who resigned in June.Continued ...
Former coal miner asks Congress for help on black lung
A retired coal miner who suffers from black lung disease urged Congress on Tuesday to help clear a backlog of claims of fellow miners who have the disease.Continued ...
- Wreck sends diesel fuel into Greenbrier River
- Local News
RX monitoring system on display in Bluefield
Area law enforcement officers were trained Tuesday in pseudoephedrine tracking as part of the National Precursor Log Exchange (NPLEx) program.Continued ...
- Investigation under way into accidental death
- Obituaries — Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- RX monitoring system on display in Bluefield
Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
A 7-year-old Pennsylvania boy authorities described as being so underweight he looked like a human skeleton has been released from the hospital.Continued ...
- Man pleads guilty in sexual abuse case
- Slayton inmate hurt in head-on collision
- Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
- Latest Sports
Bradshaw or the field?
If a betting window were set up on the Cobb Course at The Resort at Glade Springs for the 81st West Virginia Open Championship, which begins at 8 a.m. this morning, the most popular wager would probably be David Bradshaw against the field.Continued ...
- Holgorsen: WVU getting comfortable in new league
- Home sweet home away from home
- Miners take series with Paints
- Post 32 rips Parkersburg 19-3 in American Legion tournament
- Bradshaw or the field?
- Inside Sports
Rain? What Rain?
Community still enjoys auto fair despite uncooperative weather
- Rain? What Rain?
Crossfit Nation: Working out the WOD way
Just as fashion trends come and go, so do fitness fads, and Cyndie Chinn had tried them all.
- Crossfit Nation: Working out the WOD way
Engineering firm opening new office
An engineering firm with a statewide reputation and a local presence is opening a new office in the Raleigh County Industrial Park near Beckley.
- Engineering firm opening new office
- Sunday Profile
Motion Theatre takes the stage at Vans Warped Tour
Local rock band Motion Theatre performed Tuesday at its biggest venue yet — the Burgettstown, Pa. stop of the Vans Warped Tour.
- Motion Theatre takes the stage at Vans Warped Tour
- Web Extra
Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Wal-Mart Stores plans to cut prices more aggressively during this year's back-to-school season and will add inventory to its online store as the chain battles retailers for student spending.Continued ...
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Malaysians wonder 'Why us?' after second loss of airline jet
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push